Thursday, November 25, 2004

Who do you love? Animals or dinner?

I just drove home from work, and for much of the journey was sitting behind a car with a bumper sticker like this:

Well, do you?
And it got me thinking. Firstly it made me think: "Why are bumper stickers like that only ever seen on really crappy cars?" I mean, you never see a brand new BMW driving around with I'M A JUMPER FOR JESUS on it, do you?

Then I thought: "Screw you, you fucking hippie. I'll eat whatever I want."

Then I thought: "Hang on, I do love animals. Maybe I shouldn't eat them."

But after that momentary lapse of sanity (that pretty much ended when I drove past a Hungry Jacks and smelled grilling carcasses)(mmm, carcasses) I realised that even though I love animals, I don't actually EAT the ones I love. I love dogs, and kittens, and meerkats and lemurs, but fuck me if I'll put one on the barbie.  Well, maybe a lemur.

As for cows, sheep and chickens - who the hell loves them anyway? I love my dinner more.

And thus: "Screw you, you fucking hippie. I'll eat whatever I want."



1 comment :

  1. It's like I always say: "If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why the hell are they made out of meat?"

    ReplyDelete