Thursday, April 20, 2006

I've seen Jack White's new Coke ad...

adver_tising...and it's GOOD!

Who knew? I mean, granted, he IS God and all that, but still - a Coke jingle?

But it must be said - it's FAB. It's like The Beatles mixed with fairy floss and rainbows and sprinkled with LSD.

And suddenly I want to buy a Coke. Or some coke, I'm not sure which.

Anyway, if you haven't already seen it:

Check it out here!


PS: that site says the ad has debuted in Australia - anyone seen it on TV or at the movies? I sure as hell haven't.

And completely off the topic - I'd like to state I have no control over the type of ads that Google's AdSense chooses to display here on Bland Canyon (apart from deleting the code altogether, but hey, then I'd lose the opportunity to maybe earn two cents if 300 people actually click on the ads I display).

Having said that, I'm pretty pissed off that these RIP OFF MERCHANTS are advertising here in the BC - Perfect Lover.com.au".


Am I the only one who thinks "Prefect Lover" might be more interesting?

Enter your mobile phone number and some personal details and they promise to provide you with the EXACT NAME of your perfect lover in an SMS message. Frankly, if they're not going to provide me with his phone number and address too then I'm not all that interested.

In any case - what their pretty little website neglects to mention is that this service will set you back $6.60 a week unless you text them back with your star sign and the word 'stop'. This info is hidden away in their terms and conditions, the link to which is only displayed after you've filled in all your info and are suitably distracted enough by the flying cupid and bouncing hearts to notice it.

And so it goes - another thousand teenagers score bumper phone bills and lose their mobile privileges...



11 comments :

  1. Hahaha. I love the White Stripes, but that ad just kinda cracked me up. I'm not sure if it was in a good way or not yet. I might have to watch it a couple more times.

    ...And on a completely unrelated topic, I was playing with your adopted pet Wilhelm in your sidebar, and was sorely disappointed when he didn't let out a Wilhelm Scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack White did a coke ad? At the risk of sounding predictable...what a sell out. I'm shocked and dismayed and more than a little bit turned on by his badness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how could you be shocked about jack's sell out? the ws have been carefully and subtley selling out for years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen the ad a few times on TV - can't remember which channel, but it was probably Foxtel.

    ... and why is it so fashionable to say a band has sold out when the band continues to rake in new fans?! Are folks just a tad jealous that so many other people are getting in on their own personal love affair with a band?

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup I agree with GC. Not all bands last forever and at the end of day, most of them are there to NOT only play music but to make money.

    Coke pays money = fans deal with it.

    I loved the ad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. we provide a power leveling and free wow gold wow power leveling

    ReplyDelete