Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Whitney Houston and Naomi Watts love the new Britney Spears sculpture

misc_rantsYou might be reading that headline and thinking "What the hell?" but there is a method to my madness. According to Zeitgeist, Whitney, Naomi and Britney's embarrassment are the top keywords on Google at the moment - and I've just discovered the joy of keywords in my own personal blog world.

Last week I finally installed a site counter here at Bland Canyon (don't know why it took me so long) and bless my cotton socks if you people out there aren't coming here in droves! I'm getting about 60 of you lot a day!


YOU LOVE ME! YOU REALLY LOVE ME!

Anyway I've taken particular joy in checking out the keywords that people have been surfing in on - words or phrases that people have been Googling, Yahooing or MSNing to ultimately wind up at this blog. And I'm pleased to announce the top keywords so far are a bizarre collection (what else?).

I've linked them to the relevant posts, in case you're curious. Or in case you've surfed here looking for Keira Knightley's feet and are a bit disappointed.
And my personal random favourite:
Brilliant.

PS: I'll let you know how many Whitney, Naomi and Britney surfers I get through following this post...



8 comments :

  1. Britney Spears naked lesbian orgy sex

    Whitney Houston crack house drugs OD

    Naomi Watts superbitch media hissyfit

    -- There, you should get even MORE now! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall never understand the mysteries of Google search and site counters.

    My dad is also totally hot for Sally Field. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you get those counters to work exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  4. www.statcounter.com - get into it tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, personally, I got more traffic from using the words (in no particular order)

    Schapelle

    Corby

    Michelle

    Leslie

    Nude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And damn you, Andy, you still haven't delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to see your stats go through the roof, all you have to do is write some poetry about masturbation, then hople the people from "Teh shit starts here" find it and put you on their front page as a "webshite of note". Simple really. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rather boringly the tag line of my web site used to be "Making Pop-Ads More Interesting", as in saying my site was less interesting than you average pop-up. These words accounted for about 90% of my search engine traffic.

    So, put your keywords in your Title line. Eg, "Bland Canyon: Putting the the naked Naomi Watts in a threesome bedroom romp with Mariah Carey and pregnant-sex loving Britney Spears" and the stats will rack up further...

    Just a thought. Actually, that thought is pretty sickening.

    ReplyDelete