Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Psychic Hottest 100 predictions

Right, here we go - Petstarr's calls for the Triple J Hottest 100. Note that this isn't my personal wishlist, just my psychic predictions.

So - somewhere in the top 20:

Little Birdy - Come On
Hilltop Hoods - The Hard Road
Hilltop Hoods - What A Great Night
The Grates - 19 20 20
Something by Sarah Bloody Blasko
Augie March - One Crowded Hour
Camille - Ta Douleur
Something by Bloody Lily Allen
Something by My Bloody Chemical Romance and/or Panic at the Bloody Disco
Raconteurs - Steady as she Goes
The Strokes - Heart in a Cage
OK Go - Here it Goes Again


And the top three:

3. Youth Group - Forever Young
2. Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
1. Eskimo Joe - Black Fingernails, Red Wine


I know predicting the Joe at number one is a big call, but I'M GOING THERE, PEOPLE!

BRING ON THE TRIFECTA!

(I have a sneaking suspicion OK Go might sneak in to third place, but I'm betting The OC has more marketing pull than a video of four dudes dancing on treadmills... Well, just barely.)



10 comments :

  1. Yesss! so glad you posted this.
    I have a hottest 100 party tomorrow and had not chosen my top songs :)

    Your list will be a great help! I'd say your bang on with your predictions too from what I remember being popular last year on rage/j-tv and triple j.

    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually think Forever Young will take honours. Not because I like it that much, but the OC factor cannot be overlooked.

    And you really notice when Ben Lee hasn't released anything the previous year, don't you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Fingernails, Red Wine just makes me think of Channel Ten. Bleugh. I predict that The Black Parade will hit the top three.

    What we know for certain is that number 1 will be shit, and will in fact reflect the appalling musical tastes of the teenage generation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its funny how the top looks a lot like the aria charts...


    ps. my band will be number 1. yo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about The Killers?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep - all those. and that regina spektor song. triple j flog em all year then put em on their list. what a surprise! it's a big circle jerk.

    that said, i've grown accustomed to some of those tracks. i've had them bludgeoned into my brain against my will, and despite my demographic ("a little too old for teen crap").

    btw: emo is the most ridiculous excuse for a so-called music genre i have EVER HEARD. and i hate that shit with a burning passion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in Australia for last year's Hot 100, and Bernard Fanning was a worthy winner. Wish You Well remains a warm reminder of a great visit in the middle of a cold, miserable English winter. Keep up the great blog work PetStarr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty mainstream top three, isn't it? Sigh for the days when you never heard anything on commercial radio if it was big on Triple J.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BLOODY AUGIE MARCH RUINING MY TOP THREE PREDICTION. But well deserved, and in hindsight - an obvious choice, really.

    Bugger.

    ReplyDelete