It was my birthday last week. As far as I know, I turned 27. After tonight I'm not so sure.
Here's what I could have done tonight:
- Gone to town to see hip hop legend Talib Kweli tear HQ a new one.
- Put my hands in the air like I just didn't care.
- Gotten funky.
Here's what I did instead:
- Went straight home and put my dressing gown on.
- Sat on the couch and watched the news, followed by A Current Affair and Today Tonight, including a fluffy 10 minute "report" on John Howard in which I ACTUALLY thought to myself "Maybe that John Howard's not such a bad bloke after all". Honestly.
- Made tea. IN A TEAPOT.
- Drank aforementioned tea with a few biscuits. SHORTBREAD BISCUITS.
- Considered going to Talib Kweli gig but decided against it on the grounds that "it's too hard to park around there" and "it'll be a late night".
It's clear the nannafication process is well under way. I'm not sure if I can stop it in such an advanced stage of development. Anyone know any cures?