Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You wouldn't read about it

Update, Thursday May 29, 8am:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I am making Lovely Liz the official Queen of the Internet, as thanks to her I now have a hot, steaming downloaded copy of episode 6. Hurrah! Of course, now I have to go to work, so you'll all have to wait until tonight to get your wrap up. Dammit.

x

------------------------------------------
I HAVE GIVEN UP ON WAITING FOR ANYONE TO UPLOAD EPISODE 6 TO YOU TUBE.

Had I waited one more minute, I might have done something drastic and insane like eat an entire bag of flour or shave the dog.

Fortunately a lovely BC commenter called Liz invited me to join the exclusive TV Torrent community, so I am presently downloading my very first ever bit torrent of ANTM episode 6!

Seems like the perfect time for me to reach my monthly download limit and have my ADSL shaped to a 64k connection, wouldn't you say? I would. Which is why this download is going to take me about 16 hours as opposed to the usual 15 minutes.

As Gordon would say:


FOR FUCK'S SAKE!


This episode better be fucking good.

Assuming everything goes to plan (which we know it won't) you'll have your wrap up on Friday.



17 comments :

  1. Via AUsNTM LiveJournal

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T8IBXTX4

    Now, about that margarita?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm SOY devo!!

    PetStarr I do actually work at Foxy Ladies...I'll check out what happened if you like...I'm sure it was a mistake!

    Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jane - Thanks heaps! Although given it's currently downloading from that site at a rate of 3.4kbps, you can have your margarita in 99 HOURS. That's seriously the estimated download time. 99 HOURS. Siiigh.

    Alex - Well I'm taking liberties here a little. You Foxy Ladies were sending the DVDs to a local publicity person, who in turn was SOMETIMES handing them on to me. But the source seems to have dried up - haven't received any in weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you torrent?
    Its up at tvtorrents with 53 seeds which should provide a fairly fast download. I can provide an invite if you're not already signed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Righteo I've sent it!
    Hope you manage to figure it out! :)

    But once you've got it and figured it out, bittorrent really is the best way to download things :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh gosh how exciting. I haven't gotten an email yet, but hopefully it will come through soon. I've always secretly yearned to torrent.... he he he

    ReplyDelete
  8. Internet cappage blows, quite seriously. It happens to me all the time. However, unless you live with a crazy pro-gamer who is on all night as well as all day (like my brother D:) you probably won't be capped at night which means it'll download over night!
    Enjoy getting your internet capped every month courtesy of bittorrent! :P

    And this totally beats my plans of auditioning for Australian Idol or Top Model just to get a mention on Bland Canyon! Huzzah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, the thing about people uploading to YouTube is that often times, -they're- also getting it via torrents, so they also have to wait until somebody else uploads, etc etc.

    Which, ultimately = agony for the rest of us who don't have access to AusNTM on foxtel who live to watch and mock on a weekly basis and have our lives enriched by your snark-filled recaps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't even know what to say. They CAPPED your downstream? Change. Your. ISP.

    About getting those episodes fast: it is not a problem at all to find a public tracker where the latest ANTM is seeded by hundreds of users (this means you can download them in about 20 minutes if your connection is fast enough).

    BT-Chat and Demonoid are both good sources. Neither require an invite or "membership" to access their torrents.

    I can't believe you've watched them on YouTube. The quality is sub-standard to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Pett

    This is all too agonising. I'll buy a new VCR. Come over on Tuesday nights as usual.

    Love,
    Mum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like my mum has made an offer to buy you a VCR. I'll try and talk her into buying a DVR instead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously... a VCR! It is 2008 .. get foxtel and get an IQ

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some of us oldies have only just figured out how to program a VCR.
    Don't tell me I have to start again with a DVR!

    ReplyDelete