Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The best Jack White GIF ever made?

Jack White premiered the new Hype Williams directed video for his single Freedom At 21 today, in which he gets into a car chase and does naughty things with half naked booty girls while in prison.



Here's something you won't hear me say very often: I don't really like it. Yes it's true, Jack White has done something I don't completely love with every fibre of my being. It CAN happen, people.

Muscle cars in the desert, being arrested by a hot cop, sexy girls with heir boobs hanging out... For an artist who's consistently put out offbeat, interesting, artistic videos this one seems a tad generic. But you know, whatever. He's newly divorced, he's touring, it's summer - why not make girls drape themselves over you? If I had to make a music video I'd probably cast a half naked Alexander Skarsgard to serve me cherries while Jake Gyllenhaal gave me a neck rub and it'd finish with a shot of me having breakfast in bed with Jack White. It'd be the worst video ever, but I'd have fun making it.

In any case, Entertainment Weekly wrote a piece about Jack's new video mentioning that the moment at 1.38 in which he does a bizarre hand/tongue movement should be immortalised in GIFage and... well, I aim to please. So here it is.

I'm not sure, but it may be the best Jack White GIF ever.

Any ideas what's going on here?


Want more Jack White GIFs? Check out Jack White Doing Things for a laugh.

Read my review of Jack White's May 22 New York concert with the Alabama Shakes.



0 comments :

Post a Comment